Summer sun and humidity can cause damage to your hair's cuticle and result
in dull, frizzy hair, which equals disaster when trying to style your
natural curly hair.
Veronique M. Morrison, Director of Education, Mizani, offers a few tips on
styling and maximizing your natural curly hair.
To combat frizz, it is best to use a product that will penetrate even if
minimally and seal the cuticle. Mizani Butter Rich deep nourishing hairdress
conditions from root to ends and locks in moisture throughout the entire
hair strand. It leaves hair weightlessly soft and manageable without
build-up or residue.
For all types of hair it is best to apply a leave in conditioning agent.
For natural curls, Mizani True Textures Perfect Curl is great. Apply to
damp hair, and finger comb to remove tangles. This lightweight cream gel re-
energizes natural curls and waves, enhancing curl separation, definition and
shine. When hair is wet, limit brushing use a wide toothcomb or finger comb
to remove tangles. The entire line of True Textures is designed to keep
naturally curly hair in optimum condition, frizz-free, smooth and looking
Ways to keep curls without the frizz:
1. Avoid brushing the hair when wet, use fingers or a wide toothcomb to
2. Minimize the frequency of shampooing. Two or three times a week is
sufficient if you tend to cleanse daily. Sulfate free shampoos and cleansing
creams such as Mizani True Textures Curl Balance and True Textures Cleansing
Cream are great alternatives.
3. Use moisturizing products to balance the hair's moisture. These
conditioners provide good grooming and frizz elimination.
4. Rinse hair with cool tepid water. This will assist in closing the cuticle
and locking in the moisture.
5. Nourish the hair twice weekly to enhance the flexibility and elasticity
of the hair strand and smooth the cuticle
6. Finish your curly style with Mizani Spradience High Gloss Serum. This
serum is an alcohol free formula, perfect for sensitized hair, control
flyaways and unruly frizz, while protecting hair against damage caused by
heat styling and environmental stress.